Question Storming (QS) is a signature offering of Courage to be Curious.
Originally conceived by The Right Questions Institute, Question Storming is a transformative protocol for expanding thinking and developing the art and science of asking effective questions.
We all ask questions every day, and if we mapped the questions we ask, we would discover that most of them fall into the category of acquiring or clarifying information. While these questions have some practical use, they are not the questions that expand, transform, or create possibility.
Innovators, Entrepreneurs, Educators, Social Impact Designers, and voraciously curious minds, need a more expansive repertoire of questions and inquiry skills. This is what Courage to be Curious Question Storming sessions provide.
QS sessions provide a combination of education – to understand the science of questioning – as well as a breakthrough experience applied to the focus area of your choosing.
Question Storming most powerful when you are:
- Considering the introduction of new product, program, service, or business line
- Exploring a potential new partnership
- Seeking to positively impact or transform workplace culture
- Pursuing innovative solutions to challenging social or cultural issue
- Needing to penetrate an intractable problem
- Engaging in strategic planning
- Designing an event or conference
The truth is that most initiatives fail or underperform because of a lack of inquiry and planning. We simply don’t ask enough questions and enough of the right kind of questions to be effective. As a result:
- We miss the target on defining the problem we are trying to solve
- We overlook the range of factors that impact the outcomes
- We settle too quickly on solutions
- We limit ideation because of group-think or habitual thinking
- We exclude or dismiss possibilities because we cannot yet conceive of how they could work
- Our environment is unsafe for asking questions
- We always ask the same kinds of questions
- We rush to implementation before we are positioned for success
The only way to get better results is to ask better questions.
Question Storming sessions are hosted in a variety of formats. Contact us to learn more or to schedule a Question Storming introductory session for your team or organization.